Tuesday, April 03, 2012

I happened to watch the movie "Ed Wood", yesterday afternoon. Ed Wood was a director in Hollywood who was voted as the Worst Director of All Time : The movie potrays him as an ...I dunno how to say...." incredibly complex personality" and totally unaffected by failure or the lack of success.

Cannot stop thinking about the movie...Sometimes I felt very sympathetic about that man : How can someone be so optimistic ? This is perhaps the exact opposite of a man who is allergic to risk. He has been ridiculed enough by all the people around him.:There are some aspects of the character which I can relate to : Ed Wood is a hasty person who is more interested in completing something which he has started - Most of the time he is very careless about the outcome.There are many guys who I know and I can relate to a "do first and think later" nature. But there are some aspects which I cannot ever relate to: For example his advice to aspiring writers is : Just keep on writing - Even if your story gets worse, you'll get better. Perhaps he did not have the desire to learn from his mistakes...He was more interested in completing a thing on hand with the limited budget.

I cannot have any conclude anything on this guy, except sympathy for the optimism he has exhibited.

Also the bonding between Bela Lugosi , a man who was towards the end of his life and was acting for bread and butter and Ed Wood is shown very well.

Definitely worth a watch.

Check out this 1 min scene from the ace director Ed Wood : listen to the dialog

  Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future.....!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuz7fcgSbRs

No comments: