Monday, February 27, 2006

Orkut and Brazil

Initially, I thought the name "Orkut" had to do something with "OR"acle Connections or something like that. I came to know that Orkut was designed by a guy named Orkut Büyükkökten. working in google (as a small independent project).It seems google encourages its employees to work projects of personal interest. (And ofcourse employees do that....because, they are that good )

But recently Orkut = Brazil.

Related links :- 1 2

The orkut community has been watching a large surge of Brazilian users registering on its service. The number of Brazilian orkut users has reached approximately 73.25% of the total of users, followed by United States, with about 9.93%. Then we have Iran and Pakistan.

Hence the deault language of Orkut may be changed to Portugese!

Vasco Da Gamma ki jai ....lol !

PS:- I have re-entered orkut. I went out for some shady reason, and I am back again.


Current Music : Vengaboys - Brasil

3 comments:

Tejaswi said...

Isn't this like OLD news?

ps: I welcome both of us back ;)

sudeep said...

Oh is it ? I didnt know this at all... I recently posted an English message on the Led Zeppelin community and somebody removed it !

Then I realised that it has become a Portuguese Led Zeppelin community!

I will try reposting it in Kannada...

Yeah we are back.... :-)

GD said...

hehe ..self assurances ??
but nice to see ppl catching the blogging bug again :)