Friday, December 23, 2005

Wrong #

It's been a hard day's night, and I've been working like a dog, it's been a hard day's night, I should be sleeping like a log.

It is 3:00 A.M and I am slumbering. Incessant ringing of the phone wakes me up.

Me: yaaru idu?
Caller: Who is this?
( Someone calls you up in the middle of the night, and then asks you who this is?? )

Me: This is Sumanth.
Caller: Sumaanth ( right inflexion per accent and all ).

Me: This is Sumanth, and you seem to have got the wrong number.
Disconnects.

I then realize, that I have left the caller of too easily. So I have slept for 3 hours this afternoon. So that I can be up tonight, and return the call, and get to know the former caller better :).

P.S: Reminds me of the Birbal story. Where this linguist comes over to Akbars court, and none of them can identify his mother tongue. Then when he is sleeping, he is startled awake, and he yells in his mother tongue.

No comments: