Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Is he really that good ?

Prasad puts it in his inimitable style: "My mother always told me not to handle a buffalo by its tail but always catch it by its horns. And I have used that lesson in everything in my life, including the Railways.

Prasad's other management mantra for the Railways has been: "If you do not milk the cow fully, it falls sick," which he is practicing while running the Railways.

If you are wondering which Prasad I am talking abt , it is none other than Lalu Prasad Yadav.He is invited to IIMA !!!!! to give a lecture....I guess it will be really interesting and entertaining at the same time.

In the process, Indian Railways has become the second-largest PSU profit-earner after the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation. Prasad has surprised many by emerging as one of the top performing ministers in Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's Cabinet.

Read the whole article here

2 comments:

sarvagnaani said...

man..do i know u or what?
I saw the article and was expecting a post on it..and yes..u did not disappoint me :)

I guess this line from the article reveals the mystery
His secret lies in the fact that he did not convert the ministry into a Bihar Bhawan but left the crucial decision to his bureaucrats
and he is walking away with the glory which rightfully belongs to someone else

as an aside..imagine how good things would have been had all ministers followed the same principle

sudeep said...

i really dont know maga....

I think that even leaving something to bureaucrats is a pretty hard thing to decide and it requires a knack!

You are basically giving a bit of ur authority to some one and that some one should be a good guy....