Monday, July 30, 2012

About things that matter



“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” 


― Martin Luther King Jr.I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World

What a quote ! A profound thought only a great leader can think about.
A very good one to begin a day with. I just begin to wonder : "What are the things that matter to me ?"

I can get on my mind a few things which matter to me. But what it means is: Worry about the right things and start acting on them.

That's too heavy a topic.....Let me change the topic ....

A few days ago, I saw the movie (in parts) "Apocalypto". I did not see the whole movie, but i saw it during the end. I heard from a friend, that some parts of the movie are deeply disturbing, but I missed those parts , but the ending was really  nice.

The hero smears poison on the dart and shoots the villain by blowing the dart. Something which reminded me of "Tintin and the Broken Ear".  I kind of did more R&D on these poisoned darts and I found that the poison is present on the skin of the Golden Yellow Frog found in Central America and Amazon basin parts.

The poison is the most venomous substance known to man and a few micrograms of the posion can kill an adult human being. And the best part is , the frog does not secrete the poison. It gets the poison from its diet, some kind of beetles. 

No comments: