Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mobile Spamming ..

I have been a viticm (and a grave one) of mobile spamming. Its gone to such a level I decided to throw away my mobile for a while.

Airtel is the mother of all spammers (belive me, though I havent used HUTCH or BSNL or SPICE I can promise that Airtel can be a frontrunner in spamming).

Just some of the messages they send.

1. Call #$%^&* and get free tones of Himesh Reshamiya and similiraly from kannada movies, upendra movies, sallu bhai and every tom dick and harry in the world and they dint leave DR.Raj also ........only clause Rs 6min/call

boooooooohhhhhhh, my phone is only for talking

2. Recharge now or never options. Do this you get that stuff with conditons apply clauses

3. Win Jackpot SMS &*() ..
Dude I havent been that lucky in my life. I am happy if the values of my stocks rise and I am out of loss okay.

Imagine this, you are sitting all alone from morning and you would not have talked to anyone and no funny SMS from your friends also and suddenly your mobile beeps. You excitedly look into it for a message from your beloved (I have been greedy here, we spend our time together always :) ) , your friend sending a cheapo forward (atleast this one).. okay, some emergency message ( I need help types...yuck no luck here too) and you end up getting one of those sutpid AIRTEL stuff.

If they gimme free SMSing facility == the number they send, I will be a true and loyal customer of theirs for life ;-)

Now they have gone to a whole new level, you get calls from AIRTEL, some cranky lady's voice recorded in the following way

"Namaskara, idhu Airtel inda Uchita kare ...." , I havent gone past Namaskara most of the times, but I have sometimes progessed till here.

Thank you Airtel lady for making my day. I may not get any calls from my known people but you for sure, make sure that you make (read mar) my day my day.

Similar viticms, suggest a solution if you know pleaseeeeeeee

2 comments:

sarvagnaani said...

there is/was some option like do not disturb (dnd) in orange...u had to send dnd to some specific number if u dont like such 'promotional' calls/sms and voila..no more such stupid calls..
i had done this and i was free from such stuff for quite some time..but off late have started receiving spams again..may be it was after hutch took over ornage mumbai operations..
i believe there was a law suit against such spams and an order banning operators from spamming or asking them to provide an option like dnd ..

Avi said...

I get it everyday between 1 and 2 PM.. EVERY SINGLE DAY!