Monday, April 19, 2010

Intelligentsia

Shashi Tharoor is one of those intelligentsia whom I really do not connect with. Others in this group are Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar, Girish Karnad, MS Sathyu, Rahul Bose, Nandita Das and all those types of people.

They are all intelligent, I agree. But somehow I get repelled by these sort of people. They speak their mind, they land themselves in trouble. The world is divided when it listens to these people - People are enraged, some people appreciate, some people (like me are amused). Sumne mai mele iruve bittkondu vaddadodu

Shashi Tharoor might be a prolific person and an exceptional worker, but the twitter bird has shot galeej droplets on his face and left him searching for his hanky. I particularly did not like his opinions about RK Narayanan which I read sometime ago.

Nonetheless, two individuals (Tharoor and Modi) with inflated egos meet and sparks are meant to fly.

2 comments:

Milan said...

Really? Surprised to hear it. Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiTrl0W1QrM

sudeep said...

I saw this and this is what I mean. His thoughts are very affected and media cooked.

Somethings which I have really not liked about Tharoor was the way he fiddled his way into a minister's berth by winning brownie points from Sonia G.

And this article about RK Narayanan.
http://www.hinduonnet.com/2001/07/08/stories/13080675.htm

And Shashi Tharoor calling people who travel by Economy Class as "Cattle Class".

Not very convinced abt his thoughts and actions