Sunday, January 23, 2005

Benny Hinn

Well , most of us Bangalore folks, went back home early , this saturday because of protests about Benny Hinn's sermon at Jakkur Grounds.Well the situation was pretty bad on Hosur road because of some stone throwing here and there and the traffic line longer than half a kilometer.Personally, I had no idea of what was going on in the morning, but the situation was grimmer in the afternoon and we left home early say about 5 in the evening.Buses from Infosys and Wipro were there at sharp 4 late afternoon.And we got mails from the building security to get our asses out of the place asap.

And then as I went home I could see the Khakhi policewallahs with their helmets and their cooling glasses on the cheetah painted fieros everywhere.I presumed, amidst these protests, the sermon would solely comprise of some organisers and other people.However Benny Hinn drew crowds like a rock star. I mean , better than a rockstar! 5 lakh people on day one was something like a shock.....wow! so many people ...The main complaint of the BJP is conversion from a religion X to a religion Y. I think (personally) conversion is an individual's prerogative and an individual's rationale should help him decide which faith he wants to adopt to.However, the Benny Hinn is also said to be a healer.And his touch caused a woman with a bent spine to jump with joy on the stage.Well I really dont know it's whether the touch of Benny Hinn or just the mood / ambience / belief make people act like that. I saw that on NDTV and I am just confused.

I also heard that all our esteemed secular leaders had visited Benny Hinn's show and prayed for India with Benny Hinn.Nice.
However the conclusion is that :- FAITH is a billion dollar industry.You get to philosophise, touch people's hearts , popularity and earn all at the same time and also say that you are not interested in materialistic pleasures.

Speaking of materialistic pleasures, another article from a Kannada Tabloid claimed that there is a new Live Music Band (like the one in Chandini Bar) has sprung up at Urban Edge. The owner of the place is ...hold your breath....a Stanford Graduate.
Well the guy knew where the money was I guess....haha.

Not an interesting weekend.Two movies and some work at office, some chat with Kummi.....and I am back at my cubicle.....

No comments: