Saturday, January 08, 2005

bullish

Bull is not yemme. Yemme is buffalo. Bull has more meanings than I care to lookup and post here.

irli.

I have a question to the reader, to the literature cognoscenti. Why is it that there are very few books that cater to the romantically oriented male? The girls have Mills and Boon, Danielle Steele, Barbara Cartland, Georgette Heyer, and a whole load of other writers who can dish out tons of mush, emotional double guessing games, first person narratives of romantic angsts of love-sick women, all in all stuff that somewhat bores men. But this doesn't mean that we men do not want to read romantic stuff at all. I have personally liked Georgette Heyer, and sections of other regular books where there is a male romantic angle; literature where the subtle male romantic nature is shown. Devdas might have been one I think, though I haven't read it myself. But without going to such extreme sad endings, there ought to be other novels that explore the male romantic perspective. Hmmmmm......I will probably write a short story of that sort and post it here sometime. Or maybe a short script.

No comments: