Saturday, November 12, 2005

The interview

Actors: Self, Company (big brother)
=============================

Big brother stooge: so tell me about your prior work.
self: I used to write next gen rocket + dezign + code + test. Can i do that in your company?

stooge: Nope.
( awkard pause )

stooge: One tech question. swap nth node from last with nth from beg in singly linked list.
self: hmmm.

self: I shall swap values not pointers. Should be okay?
stooge: yeah.

self: After struggling for 5 minutes to write C code, I had to resort to writing pseudocode for this :D, and then C code again.

stooge: any questions
self: none
oh , I had one, when will I know my rezult.

stooge: 2 weeks

end rezult -> failure :(, and hence the big brother, stooge. Good thing, so many flaws in my interview, that I should improve :D.



4 comments:

Srini said...

maybe the next gen interview will evaluate based on candidate questions rather than candidate answers.

sarvagnaani said...

> will evaluate based on candidate questions
infact i had thought abt reversing roles while interviewing a candidate..that is ask the candidate to ask me questions about what he/she knows...that way i can easily judge how conversant the person is in whatever he/she claims to know...but i never dared to implement that because I knew that the other person in the interview panle would definitely object...

i would like to see the reaction of the candidate in such a situation..

sudeep said...

infact i had thought abt reversing roles while interviewing a candidate..that is ask the candidate to ask me questions about what he/she knows...

Kummi, I think you have suicidal tendencies....Are you mad!!!! :-p

test123 said...

It's the question that drives us, It's the question that brought you here. If you know the question, enter.
( how do you make money? :))