Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Art of Politics - Divide and Conquer

Once upon a time, Donald Knuth was taking a class on Divide and Conquer strategy to a class of Indian politicians who wanted "logic and rationale" , so that they could apply to "politics".


Given an instance of the problem to be solved, split this into several, smaller, sub-instances (of the same problem) independently solve each of the sub-instances and then combine the sub-instance solutions so as to yield a solution for the original instance. This description raises the question:


One of the students HD Devegowda gave a huge laugh.

id en mahaaaa.....This is what I've been doing all the time

He went on to explain Knuth on why he knew this strategy :-

I had a problem : I need the power, my modjo.

I split it into several sub-problems :

1.This time I cannot win the elections ALONE. I need an alliance.

2.Also I cannot trust Congress, as they have supported Siddu , my newest arch rival.If Siddu came to power, I would be finished. He also called me Hitler, when I dumped him.

3.I cannot OPENLY support BJP. I have claimed to be "secular" all my life.I will lose my Muslim votes.



SOLUTION :

Write, Produce, Direct a script called "Dari Tappida Maga" (The wayward son) and make Kumaraswamy as the Hero.

SPLIT the JD(S) into two parties.

Send Kumaraswamy to exile and play the role of a wailing father and accrue sympathy of valuable voters


Supporting BJP using Kumaraswamy as the mascot from JD(S) will have the following benefits:-
a) keep Siddu out of power.
b) teach a lesson for Congress for dumping me at the Panchayat level.
c) the best compromise obtainable.

After Kumaraswamy and 40 theives (like Alibaba and 40 thieves) join hands with BJP,
issue a statement like this :-

For the interest of the state, we need a stable Government. Since we dont have any other option, we will form the government with BJP. But if they indulge in any nefarious activities like Communalism and Regionalism, we shall be like a watchdog and immediately withdraw the support.

The power hungry BJP have no other option but to admit Blackmailer #1 , Devegowda.
This will be their first time to form a government. Senior people at BJP have waited for long , for this moment in their lives.

The next elections, the alliance led by JD(S) and BJP will get 40 % of votes and Cong and Siddu may get 35 % of votes. The rest of the MLAs will be bought by the BJP and JD(S) alliance and we will again form a government.

Donald E Knuth was flabergasted. He bowed to Devegowda.

This is my most pessimistic prediction, given the fact , that I hate the scum called Devegowda and many of the other politicians on this planet.

6 comments:

laksnj said...

Dari Tappida Maga eh..
hehehhe,Nice post Sudeep!

sudeep said...

Hey!...Wassup ? How are you ? Surprised to see you here.... :-)

laksnj said...

Dari tappi bande:)

sudeep said...

Lol...pj bere hodiyodu kalthidya ! irli...

Akshai said...

"For the interest of the state, we need a stable Government"....For the best interest of the citizens of this state we need President's Rule!! I really hope that the Governor dissolves the assembly and puts an end to this father-son drama.

sudeep said...

By president are you refering to FYI president ? ...Lol...