Thursday, July 27, 2006

Passion..

Ever since I started thinking, I havent discovered a passion in me. I have seen a lot of people(almost everyone) being passionate about something or the other, trivial or non-trivial. But I never could find one. I also doubt if I will have one in the future. I am kind of a shallow guy or a superficially deep(as worded by Sudeep about himself). It just struck to my head like anything. I too am superficially deep indeed :).

In school, I used to play basketball very passionately ( I think so cos back then I dint know about what passion meant). Give me a basketball I could play morning, evening or night, in my own Lousy way, but still would play :). This was one game where I was a little better than others, so I enjoyed playing it :).
But, I was sent to tutions and I never could improve my game. Why blame the tutions?? I never wanted to improve the game at the first place and hence never found a way, I needed a pretext and tutions were it.

Studies - aaaahhh, I was good at it, but I never liked any subject over and above the rest. I never aspired for a 100 in math or science in my school days. All I wanted was 90% to join NCJ, which was 3 km from my home. I was tired travelling long distances in BTS.

NCJ - A place where I learnt what LIFE was. At school I was a 'koopa mandooka'. The college was this cruel world, with ups and downns. And the end result was a DOWN. I fared very badly in my board exams (85% PCM was badddd, according to NCJ standards), but some how recovered in CET.

PESIT - What did I do in PESIT ? After obtaining a payment seat my goal was to get a placement and repay the same. I was never passionate about computer science. I took it cos, I wasnt good at troncis or mech (realisation from 2nd pu). The only two subjects I really liked were MuP and Network Theory. I read these out of passion. THe marks reflected it too. I was good at these. I joined PPR - so that I could be more assured of placements. I got Infy, so never seriously tried any other companies. I could clear the written tests, but not the interview, I was lazy to prepare, I dint have a field to target - networks,systems etc etc. I had one company offer, so I flirted with others. End result - I was left at home for 7 months.

Infy - Started with a bang, mostly out of need. Was scared I would be kicked out. 4 years down the lane, there is nothing I feel passionate about my work. I was good at onsite. I felt I had strong domain, analytical and tech skills. I could easily convince the best of my clients. I got borred there too. Headed back home.

Future - MBA, I do not know what I want to do - consulting, finance ?? are my options. I am passionate (oops - wrong , I think I am passionate )about consulting, let me see..

adios

ps : No patience to review this one :)
Paaps car banta ?

2 comments:

Avi said...

Could not help notice this - you could call yourself superficially deep-ak. hehe..

But ya..I understand what you are saying.

sudeep said...

mama, "passion bus" nenne inda antha obvious aagi gothaagtha ide...tumba over-analyse maad-beda moms...bittaaku idakke end-e illa...introspection wont help magane....do that thing you do with interest, and ninage neene true aagi irokke try maadu , (aadashtu)....saaku....

Car banthu....Adar akk@n...super aagi ide...naaLe belagge bega horti pooje maadskonDu bartheeni....weekend sigteeni....

chalo...