Monday, November 27, 2006

Things

have started to lessen and I am back to a day where I have to do something new. Meanwhile things have been pretty good on weekends. Met Tejaswi on the weekend , took the tickets for Casion Royale , however we could not go for the movie....It was damn too late and the Castle Lager at Ruby TUesday was awesome....

My music concert took place....We did pretty well...(we got a good applause!!), but there were some initial problems of tempo .

And, I saw a fly sitting on my desk today and I started to wonder how a fly flies.

I had seen a program on TV yesterday on National Geographic regarding flight of birds....Superb.

But, the flight of an insect is very different from the flight of a bird.They can stop mid air, fly backwards, very fast and very quickly change directions..... Modelling an aircraft which will flap its wings like a fly and fly like a fly might look impossible. So fast and so manoeuverable.The most obvious application of this research is the engineering of extremely small micro air vehicles.Check this wikipedia article on Insect flight

No comments: