Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Accounts of the day so far...

I wake up realising I am late for the bus. I see my mum sleeping still. Oh mann this cant be real, mom and still sleeping, then it shudnt be late, it should be just 6:30 am. Not bad, I wake up at my usual time 7:40 am. But, wait I see the papers, the milk packet on the desk . Ahhh, she never misses her duties.

I decide not to wake her up (but little I know shes always awake). I start thinking about my breakfast ( I have been moulded into a selfish fella). I decide it should be idlis at Terminal (Infy food court). Then I feel I cant be hungry for such a while( I get these terrible headaches). I open the refrigirator. Glad to see papayas and mangos. My worries have vanished :).

I grasp the newspaper, superficially observing the events of the previous day (by now I have forgotten everything literally, with faint memories of football news). I rush to take a hair bath, mom wakes up with instructions to bro to prepare the dough, change the cylinder etc. Mann how does she manage ? ( how many times have I lost my sleep to serve dad/mom/bro?? > 0 ? ).

I finish my bath, eat a slice of mango, dress-up, arrange my bag and peep at the kitchen slowly to see if my breakfast is ready. There it is along with the tea . I make a fuss I might miss the bus if I wont eat it asap. I finish it on-time, grab my bag and "Shalimar-the clown" and rush towards the bus. The bus is late too. I am happy :)

My mind drifts to other things

1. the sudden demise of my friend's father.. How can death be so cruel ? We know its inevitable, but why cant it be more graceful. I see the person at 6:00pm arraning plywoods for a new wardrobe and I hear at 2:00 am he suffered a brain stroke.... CRUEL, totally cruel
2. I think about the person who I have disappointed one more time (but as usual do not know the reason). This is repetitive through out the day.

*The bus arrives. Am confused to take this one or wait for the next one. Finally decide to board. I see a macho guy occupying 3/4th of the seat in a 3-seater in my favourite first seat. I manage to push his bag and make a seat for myself. I start my adventure into "Shalimar-the clown". I get lost in the book and the music on the radio (dont know which song's playing), the book is more enchanting.

*The bus travels along the BTM main road, I peep out of the window from the start to the finish and I see a beautiful person in maroon top. Just missed. Never mind. I get back to the book.

*I am disturbed by a lady who wants to share the seat between the macho and non-macho guy(me). Its uncomfortable for her (the macho guy has 40% of the seats share). I decide to make the place a little more comfortable for her and move towards the aisle and again get back into the book.

*Enter Infy campus, see my cubicle mates having tea and smoke for breakfast. They are suprised to see me in a cotton shirt(denim types), codroy and reebok shoes. They say I will get caught for violating the dress code. I pass the security with ease (as they do), they are baffled I am not caught. I am not surprised, as I enter Infy this way almost daily.

* I almost trip from the steps near my building (this could have broken my leg, however there were only 2 steps). The guys tease I am thinking of someone. Yeah, I was, thinking of someone & trying to surmise something.

* Enter my building, see a friend (girl) of mine turned totally from western to Indian outfits. Want to compliment her, but she rushes out with a notebook and we just exchange an 'HI'. May be trainings I presume.

* Land at my desk, check the usual sites, put two stocks on trade on ICICI direct. Keep track of the paisas.

* Sudeep calls me ( I am in the cloak room, reading Shalimar the clown). I say will return in call. I do it, Sudeep says he will return the call again.

* Ping a friend (maroon top) for tea, and see the person is shown away

* I decide to sip tea and read the book, walk out of the building (after giving the download command for Khalballee song from RDB)

*Reach the food court, buy tea (simultaenously speaking to sudeep on phone and having a good laugh abt myself, sudeep, teju, kummi and sumanth).

* See the maroon top lady with her friend walking towards the food court. i decide to have the company of "Shalimar the clown". (not that I had a choice ;-) )

* It starts drizzling, it feels like heaven sipping tea and reading a novel. Finish a chapter, walk back towards my PC. (PCs beckoning me).

* Listening to Khalballeee, log into blogge.com, read Sudeep's blog, and for some starnge reason decided to write down all this.

music still in the background, I type the events of the day so far.. so mundane, yet so different set of events, not exhilarating but still enjoyable, such a pleasure yet so painful

done with the review and here I go

7 comments:

sudeep said...

Superrrrrrrb one zeeds....Olle detail kottiddya......Irli, me too should blog some of the most trivial things ...It will be fun reading them after quite sometime :-)))

test123 said...

Wow, you sure keep yourself busy :). Brilliant post zeeds, although missing a few details about maroon top and desi dresser. Do we infer the obvious for the former :).

sarvagnaani said...

nija zeeds..its good..as u said
"so mundane, yet so different set of events, not exhilarating but still enjoyable"

Anonymous said...

Interesting post! give us nri geeks an insight on how things are back home... keep posting, you guys rock.

GD said...

ALL : Thanks for the compliments
Pooja : Whos u ? reveal some identity please

sudeep said...

I think Pooja looks like a bot....There are 2 identical comments....Next we may have an advertisement link.....

Anonymous said...

Excuse, that I interfere, I too would like to express the opinion.