Wednesday, June 14, 2006

odd-sized trousers

Arent you a victim of buying only even-numbered trousers. I mean you just get 28,30,32,34,36 etc. Why is the garment industry so much against odd-numbered trousers. Why cant I get a 29,31,33,35 etc ? Is it so difficult to manufacture these ?

Thats the exact reason as to why tailors still are in business (purely my thoughts). The tailor has a margin of 1/4 of an inch. You can get your trouser with a 32 1/4 waist size, where as in the ready-made industry all you will get is 32 or 34. Isnt this a real problem ?

Now you have three choices..
*cut down 1/4 of flab and fit into a 32.
*Or buy a 32 and walk with a tucked in stomach whenever you wear the trouser and be proud of the 32 waist (temporary one).
*Else buy 34 and try to get to 34.

All the above of these methods suck.

When was the last time I went a tailor to get a trouser stiched?
hmmm.. cant exactly remember at all.

I mean who has the time/patience to buy the material , go to the tailor, tell him your odd sized figure and wait for another 15 days to get the trouser. You need to be one helluva guy to do all these.

Trouser manufacuteres please do provide a margin of 1 inch to poor folks like us. Introduce odd sized pants.

5 comments:

Bridget Jones said...

I agree - even-sized jeans are such a pain ! !

GD said...

I think Levis used to make jeans will all sizes. Not to be seen anymore or was it only in US

test123 said...

That is definitely odd :), but I think
it's an evil conspiracy by the belt industry.

sudeep said...

jag, do you mean only the Belt industry or trouser industry or clothing industry in general ?

test123 said...

Well, I was trying out a pj, which obviously didn't work :).