Sunday, June 25, 2006

Guru Shishya #7

I started writing this episode of Guru Shishya after a good refreshing episode of Socrates and Plato from DhiOnlyOne's blog . I enjoyed writing this. Hope you like it !



FADE IN :

INT. A BOEING BUS - SEPT.11-2001 MORNING

The Captain of the flight makes an announcement.

Ladies and Gentlemen. We are headed to San Francisco International Airport. We have reached an altitude of 39,000 feet. Please relax and enjoy yourself and enjoy yourselves.There will be refreshments and programs on TV. We hope you enjoy your flight.Thanks for flying with us.

An OLD MAN dressed in an English attire and wears an English Beaver Top Hat. He rests on his walkstick.Sitting next to him is a hippie who plays a song on his ipod, The Beatles's "Free as a Bird".

The hippie looks at the old man's hat. He is surprised

HIPPIE
Strange!

OLD MAN
My man. Whats strange?

HIPPIE
I think we are all gonna die in half an hour.

OLD MAN
(chuckles)
Why? How do you know ?

HIPPIE
Dont worry. Take some oxygen. Tyler Durden said Oxygen gets you high. I believe him.
But the truth is, most of us look like we may die in half an hour.

OLD MAN
(inquisitively)
How do you know ?

HIPPIE
My name is Samay Agarwal.I have a very rare gift.I can see and tell the exact date & time about when a person is gonna die. You know, just like how medicine bottles come with expiry dates, we also have expiry dates written just above our heads. And I can see it.

OLD MAN
Hello Samay. Nice name.Nice gift you have.

HIPPIE
And I see, that everybody on this plane have an expiry date of September 11 2001 and about half an hour from now.

OLD MAN
So you reasoned it to be a crash ?

HIPPIE
Oh yes.

OLD MAN
Why dont you tell to anybody on the plane?

HIPPIE
I am a hippie. The world thinks hippies are mad.

OLD MAN
I dont. :-)

HIPPIE
But there seems to be something special about you.
Your expiry date is set to :- 0xFF-0xFF-OxFFFF.

OLD MAN
Oh thats right. My name is ......Oh never mind. Just call me a Guru.

HIPPIE
Can we do something about the situation ?

OLD MAN
Nope. I am afraid, we cannot. We have to leave to George Bush and a person known by the name Osama Bin Laden.

HIPPIE
So what happens next? What do I do ? I am sure there will be a crash.

OLD MAN
Well, I was sent to take you back from this plane.

HIPPIE
Who are you ? Will you rescue me, from this place ?

OLD MAN
Call me Guru. Become my Shishya. I will take you away from this place.

HIPPIE
Oh Guru! Please rescue me from this place!!

OLD MAN
Surely, Samay.

Poof! The Guru and Samay are teleported to .....

EXT. THE GURU's ASHRAM - DAY

Children,deer, rabbits, peacocks and attractive women play in front of the ashram and the guru takes Samay, beneath the Peepal Tree.Some shishyas are studying the vedas and some of them are staring at the hippie.

SHISHYA#1
So Guru!! This is Samay.

GURU
(to Samay)
Samay, dont tell any of your expiry dates fundas to any of the people here. I run an ashram not a psychiatric consultancy. People will get psyched if they hear their expiry dates.

SAMAY
Sure, Guruji.But why did you bring me here ?

GURU
I didnt bring you here. MY GURU asked me to bring you to her.

SAMAY
Is she here ?

GURU
We have to meet her.She'll decide what to do next.She is the greatest teacher, mankind has ever seen. Mankind will ever see. Unfortunately she has killed all her disciples. And I am supposed to die on 0xFF-0xFF-OxFFFF.

SAMAY
So, where does she stay ?

GURU
She stays in dimension 4.

SAMAY
How do we go there ?

GURU
It is a part of imagination, dude. You have to imagine Dimesion#4.

SAMAY
How do I do it ?

The GURU picks some GRASS on the ground.

GURU
This is called , "The Holy Hashish". Just have it.

SAMAY
I have hash very often.

GURU
This is a different version, which I use to go to meet her. Have a place and let us smoke it,my dear hippie buddy.

SAMAY
Yeah sure man...

Amidst a lot of Psychedelic Rock, the Guru and Samay start smoking The Holy Hashish.The surroundings suddenly melt and everything is white.An ocean of whiteness. Samay and the Guru just sleep. Then they are placed in a googolhedron based structure. And we see a very beautiful woman wearing a red gown.The woman looks like Liz Hurley (or is she ?).

Her name is Time.Rather she is Time.

TIME
Welcome Guruji. How is mankind doing? So you bought Samay with you ?

GURU
My best wishes to you madame.This is Samay.

TIME
Hello Samay :-) .

SAMAY
(sweating)
Hello.

TIME
I just came to know, you got this gift, after your overdose of narcotics and OD-ing.It's been more than a month. And it took some time to understand about your gift.I took sometime to decide to do what with you.
(PAUSE)
I think, it is best you go back to the flight.

SAMAY
Why ? I want to live!!!

TIME
I am afraid, you cant Samay. Your "gift" is a little too dangerous. I dont see understand how you can see the patterns and sequence of events. We dont want a change the careful events which have been generated.These events are generated strictly in complaince with the Laws of Matter and Energy.But if you start taking proactive actions because, you can "see" the future and change patterns, You are almost as capable as the Guru, himself.

SAMAY
Thats okay. I understand, I'll die. But what abt you ? What abt the Guru ?

TIME
Well, I'm just a concept.I have been a major subject of philosophy, art, poetry, and science. I cannot be killed. I dont have a beginning or an end. People say something called Big Bang! My ass!!Let them waste their time creating theories.

SAMAY
So who are you, according to you ?

TIME
Guruji, you wanna explain ?

GURU
My pleasure! Every atom in YOUR WORLD can be located in the (x,y,z) plane. So, is only (x,y,z) enough ? Not at all. For YOUR WORLD, an atom in the year 9.A.D. may be present in one of Jesus's hair. The SAME atom, would be present in a rock in 1895 A.D. Now, it may be a dirt in your eye! So (x,y,z) and time can locate any ATOM in your world ! So, time is a sort of "dimension" which aids in locating an atom.

SAMAY
So, is Time the fourth dimension ?

GURU
Time is not even 4 dimension. Time is the (n+1)th dimension for an n-dimension creature. Think of it this way. Consider a two-dimensional world resembling a sheet of paper.The atoms in THAT WORLD can be located by (x,y) and TIME which is "z" in your world!

SAMAY
Thats amazing! How do I look to a 2D world ? How does a 4D creature look ?

GURU
Have a look here

TIME
Guruji, can you please place him in the aircraft, United 93.We dont have time and energy.

SAMAY
Yes, I will go.But,one last question.Who is the Guru ?

TIME
Guru is the compilation of Human Knowledge. It has a birth. And it ends. Unlike me. By "ending", he will attach himself to me, physically.

The girl "Time" winks at the Guru.

TIME
Wanna attach to me, Gurujee....teehee

GURU
Time and Space is running out! Samay, You must have heard the Pink Floyd song.

SAMAY
Yeah...I breathe that song....So, What am I supposed to do ?

GURU
Just stab the Pilot of United-93 with this kashmiri dagger, so that it crashes in an empty field just outside Shanksville, Pennsylvania, about 150 miles (240 km) northwest of Washington, D.C.

SAMAY
Let the pattern grow as it is supposed.

GURU
Dont worry buddy. You will have a very interesting next Janma. Bye!

SAMAY
Bye Guruji

FADE OUT


Previous Guru and Shishya Posts can be found here :-
6,5,4,3,2,1.

5 comments:

Enigma said...

did u iamgine the whole thing? man u are one writer

sudeep said...

Well, it is fully mine....I have drawn influenzes from Nickelback, Some SciFi movies which I had seen before , Bedazzled (the movie), the matrix , United 93, Pink Floyd's Time etc etc etc!

Thanks for the comment ! :-)

sarvagnaani said...

papana..its different, good imagination
but i am not sure if i like it..i mean, i liked the sudeepisque style of humour..i dont know..may be i am just resisting change

sudeep said...

Well , I Didnt try to make it humorous...But it is evident that it is quite difficult to explain things in a script effectively....

Yeah I agree it feels very obscure....
Many people gave me the vibes...

GD said...

its good :) ..one day we will make a movie