Friday, December 22, 2006

Time's person of the year.

Mirror mirror on the wall
Who is Time's person of the year, tell all.

This year's time's person of the year, is YOU!
Because, it seems the Time magazine has a mirror (inside a computer).
By You Time means "the citizens of the new digital democracy."

Time says 'You control the Information Age.' By 'control' Time means only that everyone is created equal -- equally entitled to create content for the World Wide Web, which is controlled by neither law nor taste.

There is so much user-generated content on the web.Even though web was moving towards personalization rather than a "repository of uninteractive information" : Youtube, Blogging + Photo have empowered amateurs with some powerful tools.
Infact, I think Youtube is a great concept. People have started auditioning on Youtube to get noticed by Agents, and there is Youtube underground to encourage music. There are blogs where people like me can write whatever you want to.

An article excerpt to summarize this :-

'Who actually sits down after a long day at work and says, I'm not going to watch 'Lost' tonight. I'm going to turn on my computer and make a movie starring my pet iguana? I'm going to mash up 50 Cent's vocals with Queen's instrumentals? I'm going to blog about my state of mind or the state of the union or the steak-frites at the new bistro down the street? Who has that time and that energy and that passion?

''The answer is, you do. And for seizing the reins of the global media, for founding and framing the new digital democracy, for working for nothing and beating the pros at their own game, Time's Person of the Year for 2006 is you.''


In the future, we may have three amateur band members; A singer in Bangalore, drummer in Chennai and one in Somalia trying to jam a session synchronously and creating world music. We will definitely have IP TV and making movies and songs maybe cheaper.

And yes, social networking is here to stay with improvements a lot of checks of security and behaviour and all that.

With so many things happening, I remember Andy Warhol's famous one-liner :-

"In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." may become quite true.`

Article here

1 comment:

sudeep said...

Co-incidentally I was also voted the Time's Person of the year 2006
yes ofcourse me too !!!