Sunday, March 13, 2005

high on food

After a long time, today, I had good, never-before-tried, exotic, tasty, and feel-happy food. It is truly feel-happy. I am high on food right now. I am feeling oh-so-pleasant inside. Its not very heavy, its just right. Of the four types of material pleasures*, bhojana sukha has its own very high place.

We went to this Gujrati Thali place called "Raajdhani" in Mulund (Nirmal Lifestyles) today. Rs 160/- thali, unlimited vegetarian Gujrati food. Here is the menu:

- Undhyu (a Gujrati delicacy that is so tasty, I am out of drool)
- Thepla
- Aamras
- Kadi
- Jamoon
- Poori
- Roti
- Raita
- Dal
- Samosa
- Thick and rich halwa
- Three types of curries
- Five types of chutnies
- Liters of butter milk
- Amazing service
- Greatest company ever. Had my Gujrati friend Jatin taking us through the gourmet treat.

I close my eyes and I can see the thick aamras and undhyu right in front of me. Gosh, I have had good food many times in my life. Bangalore has some of the tastiest food. Why feeling so high???
I suppose its about eating something really really new, and really really tasty, at the same time - after three months of hostel food. I guess thats whats evoking such emotion.

* 4 material pleasures - nidra sukha, snana sukha, bhojana sukha & sthri sukha

4 comments:

sudeep said...

:-))

ond bun puff barli with congress kalle kai in the jam.....

i know you are such a food freakkk
I havent tasted any gujarati things ....so i guess i should check out a few of the gujarati outlets in bangy.....

well out of the 4 sukhas....i would like to say a "hahaha" (heartily)....nice piece of information you've got.....(okay,okay....i guess we've all got 75% of that sukhas)

sarvagnaani said...

papanna..which one of the sukhas are u missing.. nidhra? snana? bhojana?

Dhimant Parekh said...

Dude, along with that list, you should also have white peppered dhokla. They go really well with Aam raas. Ah, only Mumbai can provide this!!

Anonymous said...

Maga....what about

5th dimensioin ??


Sukhada Sukha ????

i know i am a lateral thinker, and i dont have to prove it, but if i dont prove i am not a sukhi u see

PK
YES for those with hands on thier heads I have seen this blog..and have commented in a old blog just to make it spicy.