Saturday, March 26, 2005

Rang Barse...

Its Holi time here in IIT. Water, color, some paint, dhokla, laddu, thandai, great weather, and a lot of spirit made it one of the better Holi celebrations of my life. The other two were limited to some colors in Yahoo! in 2003 and of course, the amazing night Holi of 2001; with all the eggs and colors on bikes.

This year's can be termed hard-core Holi. As I type this, I can still see my hands all pink and blue. I see myself in the mirror and there is this huge streak of red on my face. My torso is all blue. Crazy stuff.

A few of the dudes here started yesterday, got some thandai concentrate, milk, colors, sweets, ice etc., and mixed it all up and we were ready in the department garden at around 1030. Someone had the brilliant idea of using the garden water hose to douse everyone in chilled water and with the sun beating down upon us, it was something.

The girls were not spared, male shirts were not spared, modesty vanished, just festivities. A few photos are here. After the reluctant crowd left, the rest of us started some karaoke, rain dance, more thandai, and overall crazy stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chamaks agi ide tamma,
nin shirt ella
chindi chitranna agogide...

more pics pleage....

PK

direkishore said...

saraswathi ellidlu :)