Wednesday, March 16, 2005

software development

Developing with a great IDE is a pleasure. To be able to refactor a big big chunk of code in a second is oh-so-very-good. Thinking in design patterns is making me all nostalgic for ThoughtWorks. So, as a part of my project-lab, I am working on this big big Java code base and adding a lot of features into this crazy, undocumented, posteriori-optimized code. Its fun to do some industry-like coding after a while.

My sister is on her way to Mumbai now, as I type this. Will be catching her for dinner during her transit from the domenstic airport to the international. Its been a while since I saw her, and a real real pity that I could not make it to Bangalore for that weekend when a great Dose Camp was organized at my place.

Bought a cool football. Playing everynight. Alone. Trying to practise a few moves. Get more ball control. Using my left foot more. In football, I have always felt that my vision and shooting were decent, but my ball control and confidence were abysmal. Should be able to kick the Lords' gang's ass. The football days were fun. Need to play more. Need to revive the spirit of the Sport.

Ah, and btw, screwed sleep cycles, screwed eating patterns, incredibly screwed shower regularity, intermittent movies, studies, general reading, and life....all going on.

5 comments:

sudeep said...

Football....
It justs reminds me of naags....Ashoka pillar...hmm....it seems like so long ago,......I guess even I should play....the fubu shirt....

Nothing is forever...
We gotta keep running until we are out of breath....

hey are you using intelliJ or something else like "kawa" ?

anyway i use good ole vi and sometimes "kwrite"

Tejaswi said...

Yeah, the Fubu shirt it is.

I am using IntelliJ, and the one month evaluation time will get over tomorrow :)

And good ol' vi or emacs, try using it with 100+ classes, with or without c-tags. I have a C++ codebase here which is scary to even touch. I am wondering what to do with it. How to even browse it. Currenltly, I am browsing with FireFox :D

test123 said...

have you tried this
http://sourcenav.sourceforge.net/index.html

Samba said...

Coding with the help of a good IDE is fun. Not having to is even more of it!

Naga....It won't be a figure of speech if I say, Naga's presence would have made us a much more interesting lot. A lot more zeal, a lot more camaraderie, a lot more envy, a lot more esoterica and most importantly a lot more bashing. Now that he dwells in the abode of immortals, I can't muster the courage to bash him anymore.

sudeep said...

well said samba....
very VERY true...