Thursday, March 31, 2005

Road rage..

Yesterday was one of those bad days in which nothing works the way it should. The only tangible result of yesterdays work at office was a severe head ache by the time i left for home, not to mention the effect chaotic peak hour traffic on ring road. While on my way back home, i got caught in a traffic jam, boxed in between two busses on the sides , a maruthi omni in front and an auto with the most annoying auto driver behind me. I think this particular autodriver must be a descendent of a KGB officer in torture cell, for just by honking his horn incessantly and in the most irritating fashion he managed to bug me to the extent that i felt like killing him then and there. Alas, for the lack of any fatal weaponry near by, i had to settle for a 'revenge'. After the traffic jam had cleared, i ensured that he did not exceed 15 kmph by going as slow as i could, all the time blocking him from overtaking me. I was able to hold him back for around 100 m or so, after which he had to listen to the sweet sound of my horn till the next junction, where i lost him.

Now that i think of it, i feel the reason for me to act the way i did was more due to other factors than just the irritating noise of the horn , and that he just provided an outlet for my frustrations. Do all road rages have similar reasons?

No comments: