Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Mob Handling ..

Somehow I missed mentioning this event which happened on the day Dr.Raj passed away.

I have to thank my bus driver, who was sensible enough to assuage the crowd from pelting the buses.

This is the conversation, when our bus was stopped at BSK 2nd stage.

Local Goonda/Dr.Raj fan/anti-social element : yelli hogta iddiya ?
Bus Driver : Sir manege
LG: Yaaru ivaru
Bus Driver : Sir Infosys alli kelsa maduvavaru (at this time I felt a lump in my throat, I was sure we will be pelted, you know the Gowda-Murthy politics and we were in Mr.Gowdas territory)
LG: Ninge gottilva annavru hogiddare, gaadi odsa baradu anta
Bus Driver : Sir, manege bittu innu yellu hogolla, depot ge hogi bidtini.
LG: nedkondu hogli bidu avaru (Well I was sure by now, the bus will be demolished), yenu kaalu savadi hogotta
Bus Driver : Gottilla anna, yeno meliruvavaru heludru adakke hogidde...dayvittu kshamisi bidi
LG: aytu hogu

Thanks to the driver who pleaded on behalf of us

While getting down, the bus driver said.. 'boli makklu avara appa amma sattru ishtondu feeling irolla'.. i just acknowledged that and went home.


strange are the ways of people ..isnt it ??


In a similar incident, my brother escaped from another group by giving away water bottle and some biscuits to the mob.

This might sound simple but
Mob handling is a talent. I remember during the Cauvery row my house pelted with stones, due to my mom giving some harsh words to the mob.

India is certianly a challenging place to live

2 comments:

sudeep said...

chappers mama...ashte....loafergalu

test123 said...

One can imagine how it is in Bihar. The guy who stopped the bus is no Dr. Raj fan, the other 2 definitions are spot on.