Friday, April 28, 2006

Sitcoms and background laughter.

Why do you give a background laughter when you make a comedy sitcom ?
I guess they give a background laughter to cheer the viewer up, and give a theatrical touch.

But the big question is HOW DO THEY TAPE LAUGTHER ????

I guess they go to one of the laughing clubs. I had been there once. You go there just to laugh for no purpose. And you actually start to laugh heartily after seeing so many people putting an effort to laugh. The fact and principle at laughing clubs is this :-

They are not lauging WITH you. They are laughing AT you

All this thoughts come into my mind after watching Friends and Seinfeld and other shows like that.So, finally, I started enjoying the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. serial. The serial which I never thought which I would like. Everything you say is followed by people laughing at the background. So you never know whether they are laughing at your jokes or yourself! But who cares! Just lol and sit back!!

For example :-

I have been watching it everyday here.
(the background laughter erupts).

I think this serial is FAR BETTER than Everybody loves Raymond.
(the background laughter erupts).

So the weekend is here!!
(the background laughter erupts).

The fact is that boring people never know the fact that they are boring
(the background laughter erupts).

Now I dont know whether I am boring you .
(the background laughter erupts).

SO I have nothing to write today!
(the background laughter erupts).

!!! APPLAUSE !!!! !!! APPLAUSE !!!! !!! APPLAUSE !!!!

And the serial ends.

wtf.

Current Music - Friends Title Song

5 comments:

direkishore said...

:)
mail me ur no, will call u this weekend.

sudeep said...

sure dude...i am at 613-763-7768
i dont have a phone at my apartment...we need to have an SSN for that....you mail me urs too...

Enigma said...

he he he. btw iam so used to back ground laughter now that any serial without that seems boring for me :) i kinda expect to hear that every time i watch it

direkishore said...

have mailed you

Bridget Jones said...

nice post BTW
(laughter erupts)
(not background laughter, thats me laughing :P)