Thursday, July 28, 2005

Get Proposals by email ?

As I open my rediffmail account a popup appears on the screen which says "Get Marriage Proposals by Email".

I mean, What the *beep* ?

I wonder,do people like getting marriage proposals by email ?

If yes, soon we may have an advertisement which says "Exhange vows by email.Vows are Secured and powered with SSL,CC-ed to a poojary-bot who automatically mails an instant mantra and the girl/boy with all the relatives put in CC."

If no, Do people like getting registered in marriage portals ?

Most of us guys are frustrated some or the other time because of the thought arranged marriage is the only hope for me .And ads and sites like these add a little mirch to the frustration.What are your likes ? What do you like in a girl/boy?

And mind you, the girl shown in the matrimonial ad advertisement looks like Gayathri Joshi or someone with a bindi and long flowing flawless hair like the Fair and Lovely ad models (after applying fair and lovely for seven weeks)

And the guy.Looky! Oh my !!! He is straight from heaven.
He is a green card holder or an NRI.
He looks like Milind Soman or Arjun Rampal.

We are all perfect people.
We dance like Shahrukh Khan singing "Mehndi laga ke rakhna".
We have catapaults and aim the bums of shapely women and make them sing "Didi tera devar deewana".

Ironic.

Everything is so dumb & cliched.God must be having a good laugh , looking at us buffoons trying all sorts of stunts to find our mate.

Reminds me of the bloohound gang song :-

You and me baby ain’t nothin’ but mammals
So let’s do it like they do on the discovery channel


Another site offers to talk on the online chat client shit they have , so that the hero and heroine can get to know each other.

How will a typical chat conversation look like? I am really curious abt this ?

It definitely wont start with "ASL ?".hahaha...

One catchall question may be, the age-old cliched question,
"What are your interests?Soccer? Bharathanatyam?Books?Mills and Boon?TV Sitcoms like Friends?Cartoon Network?Rock Music?"

The first thing which strikes to anybody is the phrase "Alliance Invited".I havent seen matrimonial ads of any other country, but I have seen many ads in message boards of IT companies.So the ad talks about an ALLIANCE which clearly indicates 2 parties are forming an Alliance.

There was no aim/intention for this post.I dont fully endorse or support any of these views.Just a flow of thoughts , as my IT-OPS guy removes the sun blade hard-disk to get things working.

No comments: