Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dosa and thirst

I had two extremely tasteful dosas in the morning at home at around 8:00 am, drank some water, had my cuppa tea and boarded the office bus. Well this is a routine - I have my breakfast, water (stressing water seperately as I have almost half a litre)and tea and travel to office by bus.

But on the days I have dosa, my mouth becomes parched after an hour or so.
I have never experienced thirst when I have idlis considering that both idlis and dosa are made of the same ingredient - rice and tur dal.

Now, is it cos of the oil applied to dosa or the Aloo palya or the mode of cooking. Well there might be a research paper by some BSc-Home Science graduate on this one.

If the gastronomes have an answer please let me know

1 comment:

Sridhar Raman said...

Hmm...I can't answer your question, but there is another observation that I've made when eating idlis.
After having 2 morsels of idli, I almost always have this strange sensation - of my throat closing up. I need to drink water immediately to solve it.

Similar thing never happens with normal dosas...but happens in the case of set dosas. Is it something to do with the lack of oil or dryness?