Monday, March 20, 2006

Probably ...

in the pre-independence days , the conversation between a moderate and an extremist would have looked like this :-

Pro-War: I'm going to jump out of this third-floor window.

Anti-War: Please do not do that, you will hurt yourself.

Pro-War: No I won't, I will land safely.

Anti-War: You will probably break both your legs.

Pro-War: No I won't, I will float gracefully down and land on a soft bed of flowers.

Anti-War: You will seriously injure yourself, maybe even die.

Pro-War: Why do you hate me?

Anti-War: I don't hate you. Don't jump.

Pro-War: Why do you want me to break my legs?

Anti-War: I don't want you to, I'm just pointing out that that's the likely result.

(Pro-War jumps from the third-floor window, breaking both his legs)

Pro-War: I'm fine, I'm fine!

Anti-War: No, you're not fine, you've broken both your legs. I can see the bone jutting out.

Pro-War: NO, I'M FINE!

Anti-War: You're bleeding, I'm going to call an ambulance, we have to get you to a doctor.

Pro-War: This is all your fault! Your negativity made this happen!
Anti-War: Gravity made that happen—I just warned you.

Pro-War: Traitor!

Anti-War: //sigh.....

5 comments:

sarvagnaani said...

=))
but seriously..sudeepa..why this "negativity" towards Pro-War?

sudeep said...

There is no negativity dude....I think this is kind of true.....One guy is extra optimistic advocate about dare devilish steps and the other guy is extra pessimistic about dare devilish steps...

test123 said...

:)), We all know who the two guys are, don't we.

sudeep said...

I was referring to Bhagat Singh and Gandhi....I really dunno who is right ....
But somehow I feel Bhagat Singh evokes passions...Gandhi seems like a coward...But was it really necessary to actually instrument "civil" disobedience ? god knows !!!

Just read this link

laksnj said...

On a different note,I'm happy with all the adulation Bhagat Singh is getting after Rang de basanti..Even the weirdest of topics are somehow referenced to him these days.