Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Black hole sun

After quite sometime, I have tried a "black" script. :)
Do let me know , how this is .


[FADE IN:]

Empty canvas lay on the floor of a house.A MAN has a color palette and his paintbrush ready. The MAN walks outside the WOODEN INTERIORS of his house. An ATTRACTIVE WOMAN sits on a chair as the man walks out.

EXT. FOREST - DAY

The HOUSE is in the middle of a thick forest. Very little sunlight penetrates and the crickets chirp loudly. The sounds wane in the volume. Dry leaves on a partially wet forest floor.It is early autumn.

Then, there is complete silence.

The Man wanders into the house.

INT. FOREST DAY

MAN to the woman
Some time ago, there were two of us in this house. I remember her eyes, her long legs.Her body was my canvas. She was my sole inspiration.
(pause)
Things were so tangible.Just like my older paintings.

MANcontd.
Now, I use a lot of black. And I dabble my brush with patterns.I dont do my theme paintings.

WOMAN
Theme paintings ?

MAN
"Theme paintings" are a a series of paintings which are of a common theme.Simplicity and innocence are out.

The Man places his pallete and the brush on the table as he continues....

MAN
I havent yet created my masterpiece.I have to finish one last painting, to create my best work of theme painting.

WOMAN
So who was she ? How did you meet her ? If I may ask ?

MAN
She was everything to me.

MAN
I was a young rascal who denounced the world and selected a self sufficient life. This forest took care of me just like the other animals here.

WOMAN
I think it was a little weird and eccentric choice. Didnt you feel irresponsible and disorderly.

MAN
Disorder ? I'm interested in anything about disorder....chaos.
(pause)
Especially activity that appears to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom.

MAN(contd)
I met her one day. She was wearing red gown.

WOMAN
A red gown ? In a forest ?

MAN
(laughs)
She said that she ran away from a party. I didnt ask her why.....My girl, Wanda, was a very private person.

Tha Man gives a tense laugh.

WOMAN
Go on. Im listening.Tell me about Wanda.

MAN
She was interested in Astronomy.I was interested in painting her. We decided to paint a series which involved the stellar evolution and her moods.The "stars part" was to satisfy her desire.And I wanted her to be in my paintings.She was my biggest inspiration in my paintings.

WOMAN
Do stars have life ?

MAN
Wanda thought so.She told me they are just like human beings.They are born, they thrive, they pollute their ownselves, they die .They haunt us as black holes. They maybe reborn.

The MAN takes an old PAINTING and clears the cobwebs.

The PAINTING shows a cloud and a woman's face with blue eyes, gazing at the cloud.The cloud is a bright golden yellow.

MAN
You can see the clouds and a beautiful Wanda's face staring at the giant cloud of gas. This is the nascent stage of a star.The cloud is a a beautiful yellow.This was my first impression of Wanda. I loved her blue eyes.I loved her face and I said that to her more than a thousand times.

WOMAN
It's lovely.Looks like you were madly in love with her at that point of time.

The MAN takes the SECOND painting. It shows a green forest and a bright sun and a nude, beautiful woman lying on the forest floor.The SUN is throwing bright white light everywhere in the painting.

MAN
Our sun is in this state.Just after its "Young Guns" days , but still shining and full of energy and heat.It is bringing good feel to its entire surroundings , and going really good.

WOMAN
Whats that on her hand, in the painting ?

We zoom into A GOLD RING, which is seen on the painting.

MAN
Oh. That is a ring which she loved and wore all the time.

WOMAN
It is such a beauty.I think she loved it a lot.

MAN
Time flew by. We realised we were not the ideal couple for each other. She wanted to sell this for money. I wanted to complete the whole series.We painted out next painting.


The NEXT PAINTING shows a Star with a BLUISH tinge and Wanda resting her face on her hands. A teardrop runs on her glowing cheek.

MAN
Although, the star is still very hot, it gives out blue light.It's core is disturbed with helium, but at the outset it is still fine.That was her exact state of mind.Wanda was disturbed everyday after our frequent fights.The whole theme of the painting is blue.

WOMAN
I liked the blue mood in this one.

MAN
The next one is an absolute genius. You have to see this.

Then the Man brings the NEXT painting.As he brings the painting, there is a sharp shiny glint in his eyes.A glint that can be interpreted as achievement.

MAN
My fourth painting depicting the red-giant star. A red-giant is...well....a RED GIANT. I thought of a lot of red while I painted this one.
(laughs)
Wanda said that the core of the red giant is corrupted with Helium.The Red Giant is not a fully dead star. But it is tortured to death....The exterior of the star becomes thinner and thinner and fades away into the infinte space.

The MAN holds the painting towards the woman.

The THIRD PAINTING contains a lot of red. It shows a RED CORE of a star and an exterior RED fading from the core......At the right end of the painting, the exterior red of the star is mixed with intense blood red. At the extreme right corner, Wanda is depicted. Wanda covers her slit throat which is dripping with blood, as she cries in despair.

The Woman gasps.

WOMAN
(slightly tensed)
How did you visualize this painting ? What was Wanda's reaction , to this !!!

MAN
(sharp)
I slit her throat.I used the blood.

The Woman smiles.

WOMAN
I think it is a very innovative concept.

The Man starts walking near the door and gazes outside.

MAN
(pleased)
You think so? Thanks a lot.
(pause)
For my last painting, I need an idea.Do you have an idea ?

As the man turns around to see the woman's reaction.....

The WOMAN is disfigured.Her face is blood stained. A ring appears on her hand.The WOMAN is WANDA's ghost.

WOMAN
(cackling voice)
Wilfred, we can finish the final painting together.I will set you on fire, I'll scatter your ashes on the canvas and we will make the "Black Hole" painting. Bring your black oil paint and we will use water colors for this.

As she says this, a ball of fire devours the man. He shrieks in agony.......


[FADE OUT]

9 comments:

Srini said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

kitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

kaapadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

super paaps..u wanna "paint it
black" :-)

Dhimant Parekh said...

Dude, its really good! I loved it. I also loved the answer to the question - "Do stars have life ?"

Just a tip - Since the current woman is a ghost of Wanda, it kinda doesnt make sense (in hindsight) about she asking what the earlier woman was all about. The ring and all that should have been known by Wanda's ghost. Probably you could play around that piece.

Overall, its brilliant!

sudeep said...

BV :
Thanks man!
Just tried a "black" one ...Was writing spoofs and I got bored of it.....


Dhimant:

Thanks dude!

Well I wanted to give people the impression that the Ghost was having the fun tricking the painter....

sarvagnaani said...

papanna..superrrrrr
giving meaning to star's phases and relating it to wanda's moods was too good...
this is brilliant..but hangantha spoofs nilisabeda...honestly your spoofs had their own (sudeepisque) style..

test123 said...

These are all great appetizers. But when is Sudeeps Arthashastra out? :D

laksnj said...

Really nice..
We should get together and stage a play using one of your scripts..
hows the idea?

Srini said...

sure, i'll review it :-)

zee said...

It's awesome!

GD said...

Brilliant dude