Thursday, July 19, 2007

NICE

NICE is the name of the corridor project which runs between two important cities of the state : Bangalore & Mysore.

It can take off some of the burden on the existing, beautiful "Mysore Road". And the fact is that it is shorter than Mysore Road by atleast 9km.

On top of that, it is an expressway (no humps, no signals) and it is designed for safe travel at a speed of 120km/hr. That's a WOW. Because the road itself is 111km.

As of now, I know many drivers who can reach Mysore within 1.5 hours. That's more of a half an hour reduction!

On top of that, it is a toll based expressway. And it is parallel to Mysore Road.

I believe it comes near the RR-Nagar and I hope it mitigates some traffic !! I am curious where exactly it comes near RRNagar. I believe it comes 1 km from Zeedy's site.

Visit the official site of NICE and also check out the NICE Road and Mysore Raod (SH17) map

No comments: