Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Even I join the fray

Welcome me.....

A huge shell scripting assignment, have to build a modifyable index on a directory structure using just shell scripting......awesome.....have a week to do it......

finished the algorithms class, and sandwiching that class was a good soak in the rain.....its been insane in Bombay, with rains lashing incessantly for the time I have been here. My umbrella has become my best friend.....replacing the likes of sudeep, gd, kummi, richie and a few more......what crap....

I might sound condescening, but it so happens that there is a complulsory focus here on the industry side of things, and not on research......I mean, I have to, have to learn linux to survive here....well, yeah, tricks of the trade, etc etc, but what if i dont want to learn about electronic computers at all.........am I not into computer science ? it sucks......

so, thats what I am doing.....learning the tricks of the trade.....ugh

The courses on Algorithms and Verifications are intersting as of now, and the library over here kicks major major ass....found a few really interesting books that I could never ever buy......and am trying to schedule some reading time inbetween these boring lab sessions........

What else guys ? I miss you all.....

No comments: