Saturday, February 19, 2005

infrastructure chaos ..

the KEC General folder has some intersting facts about the new flyover, near the Jayadeva hospital. In my opinion most of the flyovers are built with NO vision, leave alon the long term visions. Flyovers are a merely metric for the government's performance measeure, the numbers they can quote in their annual list of achievements. It also is a source for the inspirational quote - 'Traffic can neither be created or destroyed, it shifts from one junction to another ' ;-)

Having travelled miles in Bangalore, in my minimal two weeks stay and after a weeks of bare minimal travelling in Hyderabad, I can vote HYD is way far better in terms of ROAD infrastructure. I havent seen a bad road still.( with potholes) Traffic is organisedly managed ( atleast in the parts which I travel). Havent had a chance to look at the old hyd, which is the heart of the city.

Other updates, been to Birla mandir and loafed arnd the necklace road near hussainsagar lake. I think Bangalore really lacks something ..

have landed with a CRR 2 once again at Infy. so I now have a 2-2-2 .. the last three years it has been the same. As they populary qutoe ( 6akke yeralla, moorakke iliyolla ). This is inspite of me putting extra hours, being more polite, being more helpful to my colleagues, bitching less about infy, from my first appraisal. Looks like most of others too have done the same. So the company's HR policies are marvellous indeed. Producitvity increase at no extra cost.

Samba, if you reading this, whats the latest on you MBA expedition. I have start my own.

1 comment:

Samba said...

MBA expedition......
Nothing Beta.

Not going to Yale.
Perhaps I would've found it worth the spending if I had the money.
I would've atleast felt sure that the 100k I spend wouldn't force me to do bonded labor.
I might even have felt confident to borrow.
That's about what money cud do.
I'm afraid my poverty is screwing up my judgment.
And I'm sure the poor judgments will ensure further poverty.
I hope to break this evil deadlock.

And MBA.....
A lot depends on what you are looking for from your MBA.

Wall Street Job?
6 fig sal?
Freedom from being a techie?
US lifestyle?
Acad knowledge in Accounting, OB, Mktg?
Contacts?
Entrepreneurial skills?
Exposure to the 'market'?
Women to date with?
Future biz partners?
Better Resume?

You can get any of these from an MBA, if you know what you are looking at.

But the job scene for Desi MBAs is not very rosy. Desis have been stereotyped as techies in the US. Other than IT, the jobs Desis can mange to get in the US are in the Finance and Consulting industries. However, even these are tough to land without previous experience. And just forget about marketing, branding, customer relationship etc.

If you are not doing ur MBA from the top 5 (which I assume you know), better improve your profile for an year and then go. I mean do the kind of job you are looking for post MBA, even for free. Incidentally it's next to impossible to make it to the top 5 with an IT profile.

Well. Those are my 2c. Take them for what they are worth (I mean 2c!).