Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Amelie

Watch it, Sudeepa, you, watch it again.....its a very sweet movie experience, and you start to believe in quasi-platonic love once again.......and it makes you feel that the moron inside us has a few rights that we keep denying him....... what say all??

If you want to watch a figure-it-out movie, watch Usual Suspects, it will leave you with enough doubts.....and an anger against this genre of movie making........that the anger is a tribute to the quality of the film.....

If you are looking for a very slick conspiracy theory based page-turner......read da Vinci Code. Its slick alright, its fast, its got all the Robert Ludlum/Sidney Sheldon elements, I had almost forgotten how it feels to read a thriller......tons of details......worth one read......

I was wondering about how its so easy to read something like da Vinci Code.....I sat with the book for around 6 hours on a trot and finished it......never had I dont such a thing since 5th sem, when I had finished As the crow flies, before some internals.........or practical exams, I am not sure.....but the point being, a thriller, you can finish, it keeps you hooked......but a classic like Lolita, being infinitely superior in terms of grace, prose, language, description and everything else that make great fiction........takes ages to read.....I have barely read 60 pages in the last one month.......is it like how we like Vengaboys when we hear them for the first time, and it takes us ages to appreciate Mozart.........or something on those lines? I mean, Bappi Lahri's music strikes an instant dingchak chord......while it takes ages to appreciate Bhimsen Joshi.....you get my drift?

So, thats how I have been spending time here......

And of course, one movie that deserves a very quick mention, American Beauty.......Papanna's dire warning that we need to keep Lester Burnam out of our lives.....echoed in my mind, as I saw him float high up in the air......splendid movie making.....and very very interesting times that we lead our lives in........

ps: on an afterthought I feel awesome that I remember about reading As the crow flies before some exam......but dont really remember which exam, and neither do I care about it.......hahaha........wonder whats really (been) important to us.....

No comments: