Friday, October 08, 2004

Romance

I might have rambled to you folks about this, but lemme do it again.....

I had been to visit Akshay in Mysore during 4th or 5th semester, and had seen this movie called Before Sunrise on TV there. The movie has stayed with me all these years, cuz of the way romance is depicted in it. Its a movie about two young people (do they all have to be young? well, here it really makes sense that they are young, I will get to that) who meet on a train. The young American needs to spend a day in Vienna before he catches a plane back home. He invites over the beautiful Parisian to spend a day with him in Vienna, and then continue her journey back to Paris. The movie that starts from this point is just about dialogue, and viewpoints of two different people, and a subtle attraction that everyone feels to a strange attractive person. Its a very sweet movie, and it had been around my mind......

Now, its sequel has come out, Before Sunset. With the same theme, set in Paris, and now, they are both 10 years older.....and whoa, it shows, not on their faces.....but in their thoughts, and how they feel that they have matured since their last conversation in Vienna, and how it all makes sense at a different level now......how they have seen more of life, and how it has affected them......This movie left a superb impression on me (watched the sequel yesterday) and I could somewhat relate to the characters cuz I was with them when they were younger, and when I was younger........and now that I am somewhat older, and they are too, and now their talks about their youth rings a very clear bell in my ears.....as I relate to what they might be feeling.......

Watch both the movies, it might take a romantic like me to rave about them this much, but its still worth it......The best way to watch these two movies is to catch Before Sunrise now, and Before Sunset after a couple of years........

No comments: